The Oregon Department of Transportation reports that the ramps linking Interstates 5 and 84 will see further closures – most of them at night – as rehabilitation work continues at the critical interchange.
Only one ramp will close at a time.
The ramp from southbound I-5 to eastbound I-84, which will close on three full weekends in September and October.
On Sunday nights through Thursday nights, the closures will take place from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.; on most Friday nights from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.; and Saturday night closures will be from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Here is the schedule for Sept. 4 through Oct. 15:
- The ramp from northbound I-5 to eastbound I-84 will see nightly closures from Tuesday night Sept. 4 through Friday morning Sept. 14. Crews will apply a deck seal and striping.
- The ramp from westbound I-84 to northbound I-5 will be closed for one night only, from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14 until noon Saturday, Sept. 15. Crews will install fencing, bridge joints and new barriers.
- The ramp from southbound I-5 to eastbound I-84 will be closed for full nights and full around-the-clock weekends between Thursday, Sept. 20 and Monday, Oct. 15. On Saturday Oct. 6, the ramp will re-open at noon. Crews will install fencing, bridge joints and new barriers.
- The ramp from southbound I-4 to eastbound I-84 will see full, round-the-clock closures on three of those weekends:
- 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21 until 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 24
- 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28 until 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 1
- 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12 until 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 15.
The schedule is subject to change depending on the weather.
The four on-ramps to westbound I-84 west of I-205 will remain open during the night closures.
Further closures of these ramps may be necessary later in the fall to complete the reconstruction effort that started this summer on these ramps where I-5 and I-84 meet, the busiest interchange in the state. The work is necessary to keep these ramps healthy and to ensure this part of the regional transportation system continues to function safely in the decades to come.
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our websites are mobile-friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!