The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will close all northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 5 from Valley View Avenue to Rosecrans Avenue on Friday, July 15 through Saturday, July 16 as crews shift traffic along southbound Interstate 5 from the center lanes to the newly completed outside lanes of the freeway.
Caltrans will also close the southbound Interstate 605 connector to southbound Interstate 5, and the westbound State Route 91 connector to northbound Interstate 5. In addition to this traffic
shift, by 5 a.m. Monday, July 18, the southbound Interstate 5 Carmenita Road on- and off-ramp will open to traffic and South Firestone Boulevard will be realigned to its permanent
Specific closure times are:
- Northbound I-5 full freeway closure from Valley View Avenue to Rosecrans Avenue, from 11:59 p.m. Friday, July 15 until 7 a.m. Saturday, July 16.
- Southbound I-5 full freeway closure from Rosecrans Avenue to Valley View Avenue, from 11 p.m. Friday, July 15 until 7 a.m. Saturday, July 16.
- Westbound SR-91 connector to northbound I-5 freeway will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday, July 15 to 6 a.m. Saturday, July 16.
- Southbound I-605 connector to southbound I-5 freeway will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday, July 15 to 6 a.m. Saturday, July 16.
- The existing southbound I-5 Carmenita Road off-ramp will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday, July 15 until 5 a.m. Monday, July 18, at which time the new permanent offramp will open to traffic.
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our websites are mobile-friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!