The Washington State Department of Transportation reports the following changes made to southbound I-5 lanes in Fife.
Travelers who use southbound Interstate approaching 54th Avenue East in Fife are seeing the following new lane designations:
- WSDOT shortened the high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lane restriction so it opens to all traffic further north, near the Fife curve. Crews also restriped the right lane of southbound I-5 to designate it as an exit only to 54th Avenue East.
- This temporary striping change will remain in place until the I-5 Portland Avenue to Port of Tacoma Road Southbound HOV project is complete. The design-build project will begin in early 2019.
Daytime closure of SR 7 ramp in Tacoma continues
- Contractor crews finishing the I-5 M Street to Portland Avenue HOV project will continue to close the southbound I-5 ramp to SR 7 during daytime hours Monday, Oct. 22 through Friday, Oct. 26 for stormpond work.
- The closure will begin each day after the morning commute at 9 a.m. and will be in place until 3 p.m. The ramp will reopen for the late afternoon and evening commute. The adjacent southbound I-5 ramp to I-705 will remain open.
- This daytime ramp closure will be implemented as needed through the remainder of 2018. WSDOT will announce future daytime closures as are scheduled.
I-5/South 38th Street intersection
- Updated information on the I-5/South 38th Street interchange work was announced Friday, Oct. 5. This work has been postponed until 2019.
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our websites are mobile-friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!