The Oregon Department of Transportation reports that winter weather is still affecting roads statewide and travelers should be prepared for varied driving conditions like snow, ice, downed branches, high winds and low temperatures over the next few days.
Snow and ice are a significant presence on many roads due to low temperatures and persistent precipitation. Some roads may be closed or partially blocked by downed trees and branches, particularly roads along the coast.
Road conditions are worse at high elevation, and the Cascades will have dangerously low wind chill temperatures this weekend.
As of noon Friday, Interstate 5 remains closed between Ashland and the California border due to severe winter weather conditions in northern California.
Our crews are out around the clock Friday and through the weekend. They’re helping remove disabled vehicles from the roads, plowing snow, ice and slush, and treating the roads to help with traction. We’re shifting resources as best we can, but we can’t be everywhere at once.
What you can do to travel safe this weekend:
- Delay or avoid travel if you’re able to.
- If you must travel, check tripcheck.com before you leave. Look for road closures or delays on your route.
- Stick to major interstates or highways if possible. Many back roads are not maintained during the winter.
- Pack water, snacks, medications, warm clothing, and other essentials. Top off your gas tank or battery.
- Pack tire chains. Be safe and only install them in designated areas.
- Drive to conditions. Slow down and give other travelers space, and move over for people or vehicles in the road shoulder.
The I-5 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 5 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Washington to California!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-5 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!