The Washington State Department of Transportation reports the following scheduled traffic impacts associated with the I-5 Tacoma/Pierce County HOV construction Project.
Overnight Ramp Closures (All closures listed below are subject to change due to weather.)
- Monday, October 21 – Wednesday, October 23
- Northbound I-5 exit 133 will close each night from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. the following day.
- Thursday, October 24
- Northbound I-5 exit 133 will close from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Friday.
- Northbound I-5 exit to Portland Avenue will close from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Friday.
- Friday, October 25
- Northbound I-5 exit 133 will close from 11:59 p.m. to 5 a.m. Saturday.
Overnight lane closures
- Single and double lane closures are scheduled on both directions of I-5 from Yakima Avenue to 48th Street overpass, and on SR 16 from Center Street to Sprague. Lane closures occur each week night from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. the following day. Work is weather sensitive and may be rescheduled.
Why are these closures necessary?
- On I-5 between Port of Tacoma Road and East L Street, contractor crews are building a new southbound I-5 Puyallup River Bridge, widening I-5 and replacing the East L Street overpass.
- Contractor crews are finishing new direct connect HOV lanes between SR 16 and I-5 in Tacoma, and a new auxiliary lane on southbound I-5 between South 38th Street and South 56th Street. Crews need dry weather to remove old striping and install permanent striping.
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our websites are mobile-friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!