The California Department of Transportation reports that northbound and southbound I-5 is scheduled to be CLOSED from from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am each night from Sunday night October 20 thru the night of Friday, October 25.
Closing I-5 is required for the demolition of 2nd half of Old Valley View Avenue Bridge.
- Northbound I-5 closed from Artesia Blvd. to Carmenita Rd. Traffic taken off at Artesia Blvd.
- Westbound State Route 91 connector to northbound I-5 closed.
- Southbound I-5 closed from Carmenita Rd. to Artesia Blvd. Traffic taken off at Carmenita Rd.
- Southbound I-605 (San Gabreil River Freeway) connector to southbound I-5 closed.
- Valley View Ave. on ramp to northbound I-5 closed.
- S. Firestone Blvd. will be closed from Marquardt Ave. to the on-ramp to southbound I-5.
- If necessary, Valley View Ave. may be closed from Alondra Blvd. to Arbor Place.
Northbound freeway traffic will be detoured onto westbound Artesia Blvd. to northbound Valley View Ave. back to I-5. Southbound freeway traffic will be detoured onto southbound Carmenita Rd. to eastbound Artesia Blvd. back to I-5.
Alternate route: westbound State Route 91 (Artesia Freeway) to northbound I-605 to northbound I-5 or the reverse route.
These closures are scheduled for separate nights and will re-open each morning at 5 a.m.
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our websites are mobile-friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!