The Washington State Department of Transportation reports that crews will pave northbound I-5 between Maytown and Lacey, and southbound I-5 between Tumwater and Maytown. Crews will also rebuild the northbound I-5 Pacific Avenue bridge approach slabs and repair expansion joints.
This work will occur between mileposts 95.6 to 99.1 and 102.5 to 109.2
Drivers who use northbound I-5 near Pacific Avenue in Olympia can expect long delays. Drivers can also expect back ups on the southbound US 101 on-ramp to northbound I-5.
In order to complete the work, northbound lanes will reduce around the clock from: 10 p.m. Friday, July 28 through 5 a.m. Monday, July 31
Olympia area drivers who use northbound I-5 during overnight hours may want to plan extra time. Drivers may encounter night lane closures.
Travelers who use northbound I-5 in Olympia are encouraged to consider the following:
- Choose an alternative travel mode such as car or vanpooling, public transportation, walking or cycling.
- Drivers heading to Olympia or Lacey may want to consider exiting early and using surface streets to reach their destinations.
- Allow plenty of extra time and expect additional congestion.
- Use northbound I-5 early in the morning or late at night.
- Delay or reschedule discretionary trips.
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our websites are mobile-friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!