The Oregon Department of Transportation reports that nighttime ramp and lane closures are under way this week and may continue through September on Interstate 5 south of downtown Portland as crews resume final work on the paving project between the Marquam Bridge and Southwest Capitol Highway.
Most night closures will begin at 7:30 p.m. and conclude by 6 a.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. on the weekends.
Thursday Sept. 8
- Varying I-5 northbound lane closures in northern end of the project, 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Closure of the northbound I-5 ramp to Southwest Macadam Avenue, exit 299A.
Friday Sept. 9.
- Closure of northbound I-5 ramp to Harbor Way from exit 299B closes at 8 p.m., the ramp to northbound I-405 closes at 10 p.m.
Ramp to northbound I-405 remains closed 10 p.m. to 8 .m. Saturday.
Saturday Sept. 10
- Closure of southbound I-405 ramp to southbound I-5, 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Closure of southbound Harbor Way on-ramp to southbound I-5 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- The closures are part of the final construction activities in the project to repave seven miles of I-5, most of which was completed in 2015.
The schedule is subject to change based on weather and site conditions.
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our websites are mobile-friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!