The Washington State Department of Transportation reports the following high impact travel conditions on Interstate 5 as a result of construction and maintenance operations, through July 2020:
- I-5 Both Directions (from milepost 123 to milepost 124)
- From 8:00 p.m. Saturday, June 27 to 11:00 p.m. Sunday, June 28, Jackson Avenue from the I-5/Berkeley St. interchange to the Madigan Gate will close for construction. The JBLM Madigan Gate will also close during this time.
- From 10:30 p.m. Saturday, June 27 to 8:30 a.m. Sunday, June 28, the Northbound I-5 off- and on-ramps at Berkeley Street will close for construction.
- I-5 Both Directions (from milepost 117 to milepost 41)
- From 11:00 p.m. Thursday, July 2 to 1:00 a.m. Friday, July 3, travelers can expect one 15-minute rolling slowdown on both directions of I-5 from Martin Way in Lacey and Gravelly Lake Drive in Lakewood. All ramp traffic will be held during the rolling slow down to accommodate utility work.
- I-5 Southbound (from milepost 0 to milepost 5)
- Beginning the evening of Tuesday, June 23 to the morning of Monday, July 6: Up to two lanes of southbound I-5, between 99th Street and the Interstate Bridge, will close overnight, from 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., for paving and striping work related to the Bus on Shoulder project.
- Note: Travelers may encounter an abrupt edge along the median through the work zone. Motorcyclists should use caution through the area.
- I-5 Northbound – (at milepost 20)
- Travelers will encounter a right lane closure on I-5 northbound over the Lewis River Bridge for repairs to the bridge deck. Until further notice.
On the road? Why not take us with you. All our websites are mobile-friendly. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!