The I-5 Central Corridor HOV Project is scheduled for nighttime lane restriping and concrete barrier removal for six nights, starting tonight: Monday, June 22nd through Saturday, June 27, 2020 from 8:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. Crews are scheduled to restripe lanes as they prepare to open one northbound and one southbound I-5 carpool lane between SR-55 and SR-57 before the Fourth of July weekend.
There will be some nighttime lane closures as follows:
- Northbound I-5: Left lanes between First and Fourth streets and SR-22
- Southbound I-5: Grand Avenue/Santa Ana Boulevard Carpool On-ramp
- Southbound I-5/Eastbound SR-22: Bristol Street/La Veta Avenue Off-ramp
- Southbound I-5: Left lanes between the SR-57 Connector and Fourth Street
- Southbound I-5: Gene Autry Way Carpool On-ramp
- Northbound SR-55: Carpool Connector to Northbound I-5
- Southbound SR-57: Carpool Connector to Southbound I-5
Crews continue to perform various electrical and drainage infrastructure work during the day-time behind concrete median barriers which does not require additional traffic lane closures.
The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) and the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) construction team have been expediting this work while traffic demand has been relatively lower due to COVID-19.
The project will add a future additional carpool lane in each direction of I-5 between SR-55 and SR-57 to reduce traffic congestion, bottlenecks, encourage additional ride-sharing and improve traffic flow. Construction is expected to be completed in early 2021.
Dates and times are subject to change if there is inclement weather or if there are unforeseen operational factors.
On the road? Why not take us with you. All our websites are mobile-friendly. Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!