The construction activities and closures listed below will occur during the week of October 20-25, 2014, as part of the I-5 Empire Project in Burbank, a series of freeway improvements between Magnolia Boulevard and Buena Vista Street. Construction activities and closures are subject to change.
Major Construction Activities for the Week of October 20-25, 2014 (day work only)
– Retaining wall work at the following locations: near the I-5 Buena Vista St. off-ramp and on-ramp, and near the southbound I-5 Burbank Blvd. off-ramp.
– Slurry pour in the northbound San Fernando tunnel area. Fill placement also in this area near the Scott Rd. on-ramp.
– Excavation in the southbound San Fernando tunnel area (closed to traffic).
– Electrical work east of Victory Place between Empire Avenue and Empire Center.
– Trenching operation on Victory Place between Empire Center and Empire Avenue near the pedestrian tunnel. This work will occur only on Saturday, Oct. 25, 4 a.m. to noon. One lane in each direction will be open to motorists at all times. Flaggers will assist with maintaining traffic flow.
Please be attentive to closures, slow down, and watch for workers in construction zones
What to Expect: Residents and businesses close to the freeway may notice vibration and construction noise, but it will not exceed levels permitted by state, federal and local regulations. Also, the contractor is using approved dust-control measures to minimize airborne particles, but some dust is expected. Additionally, motorists should be attentive to new traffic patterns created by restriping of travel lanes and concrete barriers. Please proceed cautiously and watch for workers.
Closures for the Week of October 20-25, 2014
Street Closures (near Empire Center)
– Empire Ave. will have one travel lane in each direction at all times.
– Lane closures on Victory Place on Saturday, Oct. 25, 4 a.m. to noon. One lane in each direction will be open to motorists at all times.
For the safety of the construction crew and motorists, please be attentive to closures, slow for the cone zone, and move over one lane where possible. Caltrans thanks motorists for their patience and understanding during construction.
For more I-5 information, visit www.i5exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to Interstate 5. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Washington to California!
Join our social circle and stay connected. To stay in the loop on all things I-5, click the icons below to find us on Facebook and Twitter!
The post California: I-5 Empire Project Update: Upcoming Construction Activities and Closures appeared first on 511enews.com.