In observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday, there will be no regularly scheduled nighttime closures Wednesday, November 26 through Sunday, November 30. Regularly scheduled nighttime closures will resume Monday, December 1.
Crews paved Ortega Highway between Del Obispo Street and the bridge at I-5 on Friday, Nov. 21. This portion of the roadway has been closed since Monday, November 3. Work is expected to be completed and the road opened to traffic before Thanksgiving.
Regularly scheduled nighttime closure(s) from Sunday, November 23 to Tuesday, November 25, include:
Ortega Highway Ramp Closures
– Southbound I-5 on-ramp: Closed (Scheduled to open Tuesday)
– Southbound I-5 off-ramp: Sunday to Tuesday from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
– Northbound I-5 on-ramp: Sunday to Tuesday from 11: 59 p.m. to 5 a.m.
– Northbound I-5 off-ramp: Sunday to Tuesday from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-5 Freeway & Ortega Highway Lane Reductions
– Northbound I-5 between Camino Capistrano and Junipero Serra Road: Sunday to Tuesday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
– Southbound I-5 between Junipero Serra Road and Camino Capistrano: Sunday to Tuesday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
DISCLAIMER: Please be advised, these dates and times are subject to change due to unforeseen operational factors or inclement weather.
I-5 South County Improvement Project – Avenida Pico to San Juan Creek Road
Construction is underway on the I-5 South County Improvement project. The 5.7-mile project will add a carpool lane in both directions on the I-5 freeway between Avenida Pico and San Juan Creek Road.
I-5 Ocean View Rehab Project
The Ocean View Rehab Project kicked off construction in October in San Diego County. The $37.3 million project will replace the damaged concrete pavement slabs of the slow lane in each direction of the I-5 freeway between Oceanside and the San Diego / Orange County Line. Motorists should expect delays during work hours.