The California Department of Transportation reports the following construction advisories for Interstate 5 in the Los Angeles metro area thru July 15, 2016:
Due to construction at Empire Avenue and Victory Place in Burbank, the lane configuration has changed. The right turn from Empire Avenue to Victory Place is very tight. Please slow down, position your vehicle carefully, and watch for flaggers.
Construction activities and closures listed below are subject to change. Work will occur during daytime hours unless otherwise noted.
Construction Activities thru July 15, 2016
- I-5 from SR-134 to Magnolia Boulevard
- Soundwall Doors: Installation of doors on southbound I-5 soundwalls between SR-134 and Magnolia Boulevard.
- Metal Soundwall Installation: Southbound I-5 over the Los Angeles River.
- I-5 from Magnolia Boulevard to Buena Vista Street
- Empire I-5 Undercrossing: Drill CIDH (cast-in-drilled-holes / support structure) piles.
- Buena Vista Street Bridge (Winona Bridge): Form backwalls and center span.
- Empire Avenue Railroad Underpass: Backfill retaining walls and erect steel bridge.
- Empire Avenue: Install water lines.
- Northbound I-5 San Fernando Boulevard On-Ramp: Retaining wall work.
- Buena Vista Railroad Underpass: Erect steel bridge.
- Pump House: Form and pour middle walls and deck; waterproof and backfill lower walls.
- Victory Place Undercrossing: Erect falsework, form soffit and backfill walls.
Closures Thru July 15, 2016
- SR-134 to Magnolia Boulevard
- Through mid-2017 there will be intermittent daytime bike path closures between Riverside Drive and just south of the SR-134 overcrossing in the City of Los Angeles. When the path is closed, a signed detour will direct users to Zoo Drive and Western Heritage Way. See map here.
- Magnolia Boulevard to Buena Vista Street
- Empire Avenue and Victory Place intersection: Motorists should be attentive to flaggers, slow down and use caution to navigate the tight right turn from Empire Avenue on to Victory Place.
- Full closure of Empire Avenue between Wilson Avenue and Victory Place for three nights during the week of July 11-15, 2016, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. A detour will be provided. Please visit My5LA.com or follow @My5LA on Twitter for schedule updates.
- Intermittent nighttime lanes closures on southbound I-5 between Hollywood Way and Burbank Boulevard.
- Intermittent nighttime ramp closures at southbound Buena Vista Street off-ramp and southbound Burbank Boulevard off-ramp.
- Buena Vista Street closures between Winona Avenue and San Fernando Boulevard:
- Day closures: Intermittent lane closures in both directions from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The street will remain open to motorists.
- Night closures: Full street closures in both directions from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m, Sunday through Friday (no weekends.) Detours will be posted.
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our websites are mobile-friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!